Double Eyelid Surgery: Cost, Benefits and Best Clinics
Double Eyelid Surgery—also known as Blepharoplasty—is a medical procedure to create a crease in the upper eyelid in the eyes. “Without a ridge, the eyelid skin overlap simply over the lash line, causing the eye looks littler.
Separating the upper eyelid into two segments makes eyes look bigger, rounder, and progressively open. The method can likewise remove the puffy and tired look associated with hooded eyelids by expelling additional skin and fat.
Double eyelid surgery is the most generally performed aesthetic procedure in Asia. In fact, Double Eyelid Surgery is the most common surgery in South Korea, according to research conducted by BusinessInsider. It’s most prevalent among women.
However, about 5% of patients are men. It is done to accomplish better symmetry, progressively alert-looking eyes, and, sometimes, to diminish a sentiment of weight on the covers.
Double Eyelid vs Monolid
What is Monolid?
Eyes that do not have any crease line below the brow area is called Monolid.
What is Double Eyelid?
Opposite of Monolid, when eyes have crease below the brow is it’s considered as Double Eyelid
Amongst the Asian populace, double eyelids are considered more attractive, because of its extra fold above a mono lidded eye that can make the eye appear more prominent and fuller, brighter and lively. Fuller and more shining eyes tend are used to be more attractive, since they look more prominent. However, I think monolids can also make a face look ‘cleaner’, fresher and youthful.
Get a free consultation with top eyelid surgeons by downloading Charmfidence app on your mobile device.
What are the double eyelid surgery methods?
We gather this data-dependent based on involvement with many clients. It is ideal for giving your doctor for the decision making which will be during face-to-face.
1. The Full Incision Method:
Full incision method is the most widely recognised kind of double eyelid fold surgery in South Korea. The technique is famous for delivering the most natural look as long as possible. It is viewed as the best strategy that lasts long.
However, it takes times for you to mend and get a natural look.
The Best Candidates for Full Incision Double Eyelid Surgery
Among the three strategies, the full entry point strategy can be most fulfilling double eyelids that last long, even though it requires more time to look normal. Individuals who are in their 20s or 30s will profit most from this technique as it will turn out to be unnoticeably normal over time.
Full Incision Surgery Procedures
The excess fat, muscle and will be removed simultaneously through the full incision procedure. As this double eyelid fold surgery reconfigures the entire tissue of the eyelid, your surgeon will extend the line of the eyelid to the last third of the eye to have a more natural look.
2. The Buried Sutured Method
The buried sutures method is a non-invasive and non-incision method which is done without cut that used to create natural-looking double eyelids. This kind of way of double eyelid fold surgery was prevalent these years because it is one of the procedures that create folds.
The Best Candidates for Buried Sutured Double Eyelid Surgery
You might be a perfect and ideal candidate if you usually used double eyelid tape to lift the eyelids. With your thin eyelid skin, from time to time, you can get double eyelids that vary with your skin condition. For these types of candidates, this non-incision method is the perfect option.
Buried Sutured Surgery Procedures
Small sutures are tied above the eyes to create the folds. There are many types of loops to be used for the knots. The other benefit is that it is possible for you to go back to the original state of your eyes even after the double eyelid fold surgery.
3. The Partial Incision Method
This method is an option to buried sutures and full incision methods. This double eyelid fold surgery method was introduced first; people believed that it is more effective than the full incision method because of its smaller and less noticeable scars. However, plastic surgeons in South Korea nowadays use the full incision method for the double eyelid surgeries because they now mastered the minimisation of scars.
Ideal Candidates for Partial Incision Double Eyelid Surgery
The Partial Incision procedure is suitable for those who have thin eyelid skin and for those who want a faster recovery period than longer recovery time with the full-incision method. Also, you’re the right candidate for this procedure if you have droopy looking eyes with very thin monolids.
Partial Incision Surgery Procedures
We know that small incisions are made for the segments along the eyelid to reduce the fat and skin tissues. However, in this method of double eyelid surgery, the double eyelid lines extend up to the last third of the eyes, as opposed to the full incision method.
Risks Double Eyelid Surgery
Like any surgery, there are possible risks and complications of Double Eyelid Surgery.
The possible risks of eyelid surgery include:
• Bleeding and infection
• Dry and aggravated eyes
• Having difficulty closing your eyes or other eyelid issues
• Noticeable scarring
• Eye muscles injury
• Skin discolouration and staining
• The requirement for a subsequent medical procedure
• Temporarily obscured vision or, rarely, loss of vision
• Risks related to the therapeutic process when all is said in done, including response to anaesthesia and blood clumps
Try talking to your doctor about how surgical risks affect you. Also, try to understand what’s involved in this surgery and weighing the benefits and risks that can help you decide if this procedure is the right choice.
How to prepare for the surgery
Before scheduling double eyelid surgery, meet with a plastic surgeon and an eye specialist or a plastic surgeon that specialises in eye surgeries to discuss these:
- Your therapeutic history: Your specialist will pose inquiries about past medical procedures and past or current conditions, for example, dry eyes, glaucoma, hypersensitivities, circulatory issues, thyroid issues and diabetes. Your primary care physician will likewise get some information about your utilisation of meds, vitamins, natural supplements, liquor, tobacco and other drugs.
- Your goals and expectation: An honest discourse of your expectations and goals for the medical procedure will help set up for a satisfactory result. Your specialist will examine whether the method is probably going to function well for you.
What procedure do you need to undergo before surgery?
1. Physical examination. Your specialist will direct a physical exam, which may incorporate testing your tear production and measuring portions of your eyelids.
2. Vision examination. Your eye specialist will analyse your eyes and test your vision; this includes your peripheral vision. It will help stands as protection and guarantee results.
3. Eyelid photography. Your eyes will be captured from different edges. These photographs help with arranging the medical procedure, surveying its quick and long haul impacts, and supporting a protection guarantee.
Things you will be advised to:
1. Stop taking warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven), headache medicine, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen sodium (Aleve, others), naproxen (Naprosyn), and some other drug or home grew enhancement with expanded bleeding. Be sure to ask your surgeon how long you have to quit taking these drugs before the medical procedure you. Take just meds that are prescribed and approved by your specialist.
2. If you smoke, quit smoking a little while before your medical procedure. Smoking can reduce your capacity to mend faster after the medical procedure.
3. Ask for somebody to drive you to and after the medical procedure in case you have an outpatient medical procedure. It is advisable to have someone that will remain with you for the main night to drive you home after the surgery.
Double Eyelid Surgery Healing and Recovery Process
Although the vast majority of the swelling and wounding vanish within two months after the medical procedure, the procedure of the healing process, in general, is moderately slower than different therapeutic methods.
It might be frustrating to wait long but rest assured one month will be enough to recover, with some makeup, your eyes will look sensibly normal. Right after the surgery, new skin tissues around your eyes will settle in, and it would take at any rate three months to look normal.
The speed of the recuperation additionally relies upon the thickness of skin and the kind of surgery method. The healing process will be finished and look perfectly normal around a half year to 1 year after the procedure.
How long the results last?
You’ll get results following a little while, as the swelling begins to go down, however, expect subtle changes for a while as the swelling settle. Be aware that swelling makes the eyelid wrinkle seem higher than where it ends up. As the swelling diminishes, the position of the eyelid crease will subside into its expected area.
The results will last a decade, especially on the off chance that you had the incisional medical procedure—yet they can disappear over time since the ageing process adds to the hooding of your new eyelid shape.
Double Eyelid Surgery Cost
The costs of this procedure in Korea can likely extend from USD 500 – 4500. In Seoul, the average expense is about USD 1950. The cost of getting double eyelid surgery is a great extent dependent upon the aptitude and skills of the specialist who performs it — having the technique done by an exceedingly talented specialist will yield increasingly typical results and therefore more costly.
A few clinics offer costs that are less expensive than the fees listed previously. However, quality is not ensured.
Additionally, the prices of clinics can differ. The variance can depend on the season, limits, or advancements that the facility is currently running. Regularly, there can likewise be negotiation on the cost.
Best Clinic/Surgeon For Plastic Surgery in Korea
If you are after Double Eyelid surgery in Korea and looking for the best surgeons, then do thorough research on the surgeon, their certification, reviews, cost and post-op follow-ups to make sure the smooth process.
Alternatively, you can download Charmfidence app on your android or iOS smartphone and get quotes and free consultation from the best Plastic surgeons for Double Eyelid in Korea.
*NOTE: The article is for general information only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.